My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
betweenbrushstrokes.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Throw it all in and hit blend

Yesterday, I went to a belated Thanksgiving dinner with my new blended family. As always the food was fantastic, but better than that, it was our first big dinner together. There were laughs, crazy stories, kids hollering and of course lots of wine. Good times!

After dinner, we each went around the table and said what we were thankful for. We all had our selfish thanks, but every one of us mentioned how thankful we were to meet each other and have this new family.

Our blending began when mom met her husband, Art, on eHarmony on Valentine’s Day 2008. Cute! He was the first man she met online. (They so need to be in one of those commercials!) A year and a half later, they are married and have built a beautiful home to enjoy together. The best part of this little story, I haven’t seen mom this happy in a long time. She glows. I’m glad they found each other.

Sometimes it’s hard to change family traditions, and invite others in, but I think we’ve done pretty good overall. What a great dinner. Thanks Art and mom!

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to say at dinner is how thankful I am to have nieces and nephews. Six in total! And they are all amazing kids. Well... except when they are feeding me butt licorice (don’t ask) and getting me in trouble (not really) with one of my step-brothers for being loud at a slumber party.

No comments:

Post a Comment