My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
betweenbrushstrokes.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Walking around in the Eternal City

My first full day in Rome was filled with sightseeing. This place has a piazza or fountain on every other street it seems. It's a beautiful city.

I wandered about the area for a few hours. I started with a walk down Via Vittorio Veneto, the street made famous by the Fellini movies. This is the street that was called "la dolce vita." It's definitely a beautifully winding street full of cafe's and goodies.

From there I found the Trevi fountain and threw two coins over my shoulder. One ensures your return to rome, the other is a personal wish. It's a massive fountain! I then walked to the Piazza Popolo and the Spanish Steps. It was a nice, sunny morning to enjoy my walk.





In the early afternoon I ventured to Villa Borghese, a gigantic park close by. It was packed with people and yet it didn't seem touristy or too busy. There were people walking, cycling, riding golf carts and renting Segways. I walked by a man playing great music on his saxophone. It was a really fun atmosphere.








In the evening I took a "Rome Illuminated" tour to see Rome and it's monuments at night. Unfortunately, this tour was a load of crap. They put you on a closed bus with dirty windows and they sped by every place at break neck speed. Not sure what the point of that was. Oh well.

Here are the only clear photos from this tour:












No comments:

Post a Comment