My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
betweenbrushstrokes.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 10, 2010

What street is this?

Cannot even count how many times that was said this evening!

After I got in a good nap this afternoon, I ventured out on a walk to familiarize myself with the neighbourhood. I'm staying in the borough of Chelsea. And boy can these streets be confusing! There are small little side streets everywhere and no street signs. At least, that's what I thought at first. But there are actually plenty of signs, they are attached to buildings. I had no idea. When I first saw them I was like "they sure like to name every building." Yep, I'm not swift right off the bat.

After I figured out the signs, I just started walking and ended up at the Victoria & Albert Museum. I love that the museums are free here. You just walk in and go, just leave a donation. What an interesting and eclectic museum. I saw renaissance and medieval art mixed with women's high fashion. I think the Juicy Couture sweatpants outfit made me chuckle the most. They had something for everyone. They even had a library solely devoted to art books. I couldn't go in :(

The web geek in me must mention, London uses the best fonts. Stylish and appropriate.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget to look the right (or is it left) way. Geez. Keep an eye out for blue plaques on buildings. Usually indicates that a famous person lived there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They write it on the pavement! "look left" "look right"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You went to the V & A. Love that museum.

    BB

    ReplyDelete